As it is nearing the end of the year and those Goodreads challenges are looking very far behind or you just haven’t gotten to that stack of books you resolved to read this year and it’s looking like there is no hope do not fear! Here are Georgia’s Top 10 foolproof, 100% guaranteed, super awesome tips for reading more books.
1) If you aren't enjoying a book... Stop reading it! Don't feel like you have to complete every single book you start, because chances are if you don't like it you won't want to pick it up and finish it anyway!
2) Try an audiobook. Have heaps of things to do around the house? Feel like you are always driving? Put an audiobook on in the background. You'll feel twice as productive and you get to read a book while you're doing it!
3) Read shorter books. Shorter books are faster to finish, and it provides a good little ego boost to keep you going.
4) Join a book club. Sometimes the pressure of having to read from others encourages you to read more frequently.
5) Swap out social media time for some reading. Are you getting lost scrolling for hours through Georgia's Ridiculous Book Reviews on the Dog Eared Books Facebook page? I don't blame you, but try to swap out some of the scrolling time for some reading.
6) Change up genres. Sometimes you just get stuck reading one type of book and you get exhausted with them. Maybe try switching out your usual read for something a little out of your comfort zone.
7) Have other things on your to-do list that you really don't want to do... So you end up reading instead.
8) Don't sleep. Sleep is for people that don't want to read.
9) Stop talking to your friends. I can 100% guarantee you will have more time to read.
10) Quit your job and become a hermit. You'll have so much free time you won't know what to do with yourself! Way more free time to read!